Sewing project

I've wanted to do a quick post, as I have been off from work today. I've spent the afternoon completing a sewing project. It's only took me two hours to complete, despite sewing for five years, I was pleasantly surprised I  finished it so, quickly. This included starting from positioning the pattern pieces cutting them out, sewing and hemming the skirt. 

Recently, I've been searching through all the shops looking for a long fitted skirt and I've been unable to find anything I liked.  So, I decided it was easier to purchase fabric and make one myself .


I bought a beautiful jacquard raised pattern, stretch fabric with a slight sheen from John Lewis. I paid £32 for two metres of the fabric, which is quite extravagant  for me, but I just loved it   

I used my favorite sewing pattern, Simplicity 5914, I chose skirt C because it's the most flattering skirt to my shape . Originally, I extended the pattern, as I found the skirt was not long enough .  

 This is what the finished skirt looks like.


Finished skirt Back 

Finished Skirt Front 

Close up of fabric. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Shopping

Leashes, The Dystopian Nightmare

Christmas Memories