Dressing Table Makeover Part Three Handles and The Reveal

I loved the original handles but I damaged one of the back pieces while removing them from the drawers. So, I've searched every where to find something I liked, it's felt worse than finding a needle in a hay stack as very little caught my eye. Also with the curve of the drawers it's limited my choice further.

I bought a huge bag of handles from a junk shop in Gateshead for tenner, There a varity of quirky and interesting shapes. I finally settled for the ones below.

 Before

I sprayed the handles satin black from Wilkos brand spray paint.

After 




The boyfriend suggested about using paint to highlight some of the details of the handles rather than having them plain black. I  purchase gun metal glittery silver to pick out the detail of the flowers on the handles. The paint Sparkle Medium Gunmetal.




 removed any excess paint using a dry paint brush.


The Reveal

Before 



After














Comments

  1. Love love love love this! It looks stunning and them patterns are sooo pretty!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, that's really sweet of you to say. The stencils is from Fenwicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great idea that has never occurred to me before! i loved the final work and would have thought it would turn this stunning work of art! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks your so sweet. Yeap, over the years I've really been inspired by Goth It Yourself. It's not all my original work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice^^ But what kind of glittery paint did you use? For stuff like this - or when you just want to add depth to any metallic or metallic looking things - I can wholeheartedly recommend wax pastes. They're easy to apply - you just have to rub it onto the surface...:) - and very durable. It won't come off as you pull out the drawers^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the advice, I never knew such things existed. I did try using black paint then rubbing off but it look crapped. I used something cold Sparkle medium paint I have included the address below. I think they did the stencil I used, I got from a a local department store in fabric and craft section.



    http://www.imaginationcrafts.co.uk/imagination-products/sparkle-medium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah it looks so good! I would love one like that! Or even like before to fix up as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I love it now it has to be my pride and joy. I'm so stoked to finally have dressing table. All I need to do are my small tables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks completely lovely. Your choice of handles look even better than the original ones. I do love a good furniture makeover ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, I'm surprised how well the transformation looks like. I do like the handles I was lucky to find them.

    I also love to furniture makeovers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Shopping

Leashes, The Dystopian Nightmare

Christmas Memories