Date Release For The Second Goth City Festival
Last year, I attended Leeds, Goth City Festival debut; a series of events celebrating Leeds post-punk, and gothic heritage. The festivities raised £3,500 for local charity PAFRAS.
Well, I was absolutely ecstatic to find out a second event has been announced after the success of last year. It promises to be even "Bigger, Better and Gothier" With the aim of the festival to become part of the UK Goth Calender
The dates have been confirmed commencing between the 5th to 21st October. City promotion stated, "We have worked to avoid any clashes with other goth events run by our colleagues." Further commenting, " It avoids a situation where some potential members of our audience may be short of money post-Whitby and pre-Xmas, and means the festival will take place in the pre-Halloween"
Goth City Promotions have pledged a new lineup of even more talented performers; consisting of the latest upcoming acts and underground acts within the alternative scence. So far, Death Party UK, The Glass House Museum and the debut of The Creeping Terrors have been confirmed. Alice Moving Under Skies are reforming for a special one off event to quick start the festivities. More information will be posted soon.
Following last year's format, there will be a series of events devoted to the gothic and post punk creativity and culture.
- Hot Injection that will show Leeds newest talent;
- Shadows of Goth, with horrifying ghost stories;
- A Night of Dark Arts features alternative act performing, comedies, spoken word with obtuse tunes and bit spookiness added into the mix.
- Black Gold the acholic free event of stalls from local craftsmen with visitors able to have a cuppa and delicious vegan cake.
- Gothic K.O is held on 20th and 21st will October with confirmation of bands at later date.
For more information check out
Goth City Website. (Currently being revamped)